Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beach Ride




I got up and road the beach route today, traveling 34 miles in 1:55 burning 1967 in calories. My average speed was 17.7 and I had a max of 35.8 mph going down the Perdido Bridge, cool! The weather was a hot 87 degrees with a heat index of 96, another day of extreme hydration.

This ride brought to mind another community activist issue I think needs to be addressed in our area, people blocking the bike lane. The bike lane is not a parking area, not a garbage can storage area, but a designated travel lane for cyclists. You would not leave your trash can or park in the middle of the street, so why do people not respect the bike lane? My question is, if this causes an accident will the owner of the trash can or vehicle that contributed to the crash be cited? If they are not cited, can they still be sued for negligence?

No comments:

Post a Comment